Monday, October 20, 2008

Transformers themed ride coming to Universal Studios!



As I have mentioned before Universal Studios hold a special place in my heart. Today they announced plans to add a new attraction based on the live action Transformers film dreamed up by Steven Spielberg. This excites me for a few reasons... The film was very exciting and action packed. Both a visual feast and fun story. It was exactly the type of film I would have been excited about all summer long when I was little. It's the type of film that piqued my interest in broader filmmaking in general. I think it will translate in to a great ride. I still remember that feeling of awe I had when we went to Universal Studios for the first time. Every time I go back I get a little sense of it again and it reminds me what I loved so much about movies in the first place. The only potential downside to this announcement is that I heard it may replace the Special Effects Stages. (I remember when it was called the "World of Cinemagic" and it featured Back to the Future, Hitchcock, and Harry and the Hendersons!) If they end up closing it I hope they find room to create a similar attraction that would give guests a look behind the magic of movies.

On a side note, and from the "what were they thinking" department, they are also planning on opening up a new attraction next year called Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical. I don't know what else to say about it besides... really?

No comments: