Saturday, October 25, 2008

AM 404: Selecting Two Person Dialogue


I will be working on this next Dialogue Test for the next 8 weeks. We are moving onto a two person dialogue which should complicate things a bit.

I find the first one very funny and think it could be a fun way to do something different. They are not talking directly to each other but they are certainly interacting. I had two ideas for this. One could be that the Woman is a sort of spirit talking in his ear. We could get a wide shot telling the audience that he is alone but then see her telling him these things in his ear in a few other shots. My other idea is that maybe she is sitting on a street bench behind him reading out of a book. What she is reading he not only hears but it is about his life at that very moment.

I like number two a lot because it's subtle and funny but I am concerned that it's just two people sitting at a table talking to each other and I would like to get a little more creative than that.

The third one is actually my favorite but I was told by someone that it has been done before. I haven't seen it myself but I am wondering if I should avoid it if it has been done?

I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Here are my three most recent facial studies as a little bonus...



No comments: