Saturday, October 25, 2008

Animation Mentor Progress





As I was looking at the dialogue test I just wrapped up and looking ahead to my next one something occurred to me. Overall I am proud of this last assignment. At the same time though I still see lots of stuff wrong with it and I start to beat myself up over my lack of skill. Then I remembered the dialogue test I did in 2004. It should have been obvious to me, but when I am in the thick of it it's easy to forget. I have made great progress since I began Animation Mentor. See for yourself. I have included the two tests above. The one from 2004 is amazingly bad. Awful. I even hesitated uploading it online because it's so embarrassing. (Notice I didn't put my name anywhere on it!) I am not writing this post to "toot my own horn". It is in fact quite the opposite. I know I still have a long way to go on this journey. I wanted to post it here along with my most recent test to say thanks. Thank you to all of you who left me feedback. Thank you for your encouragement. Thank you for even taking the time to view my work. Thank you especially to my Mom and my Wife. The two of you are amazing women in your own right. I would not be working at DreamWorks today and I would certainly not have gotten this far in my animation training without your constant love support and encouragement.

No comments: