Saturday, February 28, 2009

Honoring Employees



I read today that Pixar recently honored their employees that have worked for the company for 10 years or more with these amazing statuettes of Buzz Lightyear sculpted by Jerome Ranft. They also gave out a Woody statue to those who have served for more than 20 years. I think this is fantastic and I applaud Pixar in their effort to honor those who have worked so hard for them for so long. With a company so big and individual show crews so large it's nice to feel appreciated. I think it's a particularly nice way to say thanks as well considering the studio is so honored by the Academy but the Oscar itself goes to the directors of the films. It's great to have something like this to display proudly and pass on to family. My grandfather worked for Disney for over 25 years and he racked up a couple of these sort of honors with the company. He gave me one a few years ago, pictured below, and it is something I treasure dearly. I hope one day I can pass something like this along to my kids or grandkids.

No comments: