Friday, August 08, 2008

The 2008 Summer Olympics start today in Beijing!


As most of you know by now, I'm a huge fan of the Olympics the same way some people out there are fans of Football or Baseball. I'm very excited about the games being kicked off today! I'll be posting most of my thoughts and various other related things to my Olympics Blog if you would like to stop by and check it out. I know China is taking a lot of heat politically lately... which I think is entirely justified and I'm happy the status quo is not going unchallenged there... at the same time though I hope that the athletes are able to compete in a safe environment and that the games go on in the spirit of peace and friendly competition. I hope that if there are protests that there will be no violence on either side of the fence. As the great Martin Luther once said, "Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

Anyway, the point is... lets hope all goes well.. and.. Go TEAM USA!!

No comments: