Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stan Winston, 1946-2008


Sadly Stan Winston passed away a few days ago. I'll keep this brief because many within the animation and VFX community online have said much more than I can about the man and his legacy. From a personal perspective though its really sad to see a legend like this pass away. He brought to life some of the very characters and creatures that ignited my interest in filmmaking. Chiefly among his creations that were most influential to me personally are Edward Scissorhands, The Terminator, and the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park. His was one of the first names I learned as I dug into the behind the scenes world of filmmaking. He will be sorely missed not only by his friends and family, but also by those of us who were influenced by his work.

No comments: