Friday, January 19, 2007

EMPIRE's The 60 Reasons Why Spielberg Rules



To celebrate Spielberg turning 60 last month, Empire published a list of "the 60 reasons why Spielberg rules." Empire is a fantastic movie magazine that is published in the UK. I wish they had a US version because its really expensive to buy as it is imported which raises the price considerably. Regardless, I came across this article and found it a lot of fun to read especially considering how big of a fan of his I am. Below is one one of my favorite reason from the list...
#45 That He Makes Time For His Family
Spielberg Says, "I don't work weekends. Weekends are for my kids. And I have dinner at home every night when I'm not physically directing a movie - I get home by six. I put the kids to bed and tell them stories and take them to school the next morning. I work basically from 9.30 to 5.30 and I'm strict about that."

To say Spielberg inspires me is an understatement. He is a fantastic filmmaker and artist and to hear about his commitment to his family only bolsters my enthusiasm for him and his work even more. Bravo!

No comments: