Thursday, July 20, 2006

TMNT Comic-Con Preview

While visiting Comic-Con this week I had the good fortune to attend a panel on Sony Pictures Animation followed by Warner Bros. Animation. At the end of the Warner panel they debuted the trailer for the up coming CG film TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). I'll have to say this upfront, I was a huge Ninja Turtles fan when I was younger. I never got into Transformers or G.I. Joe. It was He-Man and then Ninja Turtles for me. I think it's great that they are bringing the characters back and this is the perfect medium to do it in. The characters will be able to better inhabit the world created for them and they will be able to move and act the Ninja part much better than in the previous features. Needless to say I am looking forward to see how this one turns out. During the presentation we were given vouchers for a swag bag from the Warner Brothers booth and in the bag was a nice booklet of concept artwork for the film. I will try to scan some pages from it and post them up when I get home. Until then you can enjoy the trailer...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/teenagemutantninjaturtles/

In addition, there is a nice breakdown of the content of the TMNT panel over at Ain't It Cool News...
http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23927

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: