Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My new MacBook Pro...


I am writing to you from the comfort of my new MacBook Pro. I broke down and got one finally. I had planned on waiting a little while longer to get another laptop, the HD in our PowerBook died a few months ago, but there has been so much work that I want to do that is either not possible on our PC or extremely difficult, video editing and web design in particular. I was thinking of purchasing the Black MacBook but the lack of a dedicated video card deterred me. The Pro line is great and will suit my need better anyway. I am looking forward to digging in and getting some work done on this puppy. I am also looking forward to installing Boot Camp so that when I do need to use a PC on the go, for Maya and games in particular, I will have it all on one machine.

Interestingly enough it shipped with a free copy of the program Comic Life. The reason I find that interesting is that is it not made by Apple. Maybe they like it enough that they are including it in the purchase because they think their users would like it too? I don't know but I'm not complaining it's a really fun piece of software. I took photos while I was opening the box and starting up the laptop for the first time and I made this little comic page with it.So there you have it. My new computer. I am a computer geek so this is really exciting for me... please pardon the geeky excitment. :) Now hopefully Adobe will get their act together and release the Creative Suite software as Universal binarys soon!

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: