Thursday, April 20, 2006

Death Cab For Cutie: Plans


Okay I have to be honest. When I heard of Death Cab For Cutie I thought it was one of those bands that was "too cool for me." You know those bands that have a following of hip college age people who wear the fashionable punk clothes and celebrate their independentness (not that anything is wrong with that). I am however familiar with The Postal Service. Honestly I don't remember who introduced me to it but I gravitated toward it immediately and listened to it for months. It got me through my last year of college. I had heard that it was more of a concept album than a band who regularly produces albums and was a little disappointed. Then I think my friend Frankie, who I introduced The Postal Service to, said that the lead singer is actually the lead singer for the band Death Cab For Cutie. I don't know why I didn't seek out their music then but I accepted it and moved on. Well a few weeks ago when we went to Disney World we flew on this airline called Song, very highly recommended by the way, and they have these "entertainment systems" for every seat from which you can watch Direct TV, listen to their selection of MP3s, watch a pay-per-view movie and more. While exploring what they had to offer I saw that they had a Death Cab for Cutie album and decided to give it a listen. I loved it! I listened to it twice and then fell asleep on the way back listening to it. It's fantastic! I like the sensitivity and the honesty that comes through the music. I listen to it constantly now and to my good fortune my wife likes it as well. I'd recommend checking it out sometime.

Death Cab For Cutie - Plans (Bonus Video Version)

No comments: