Friday, March 24, 2006

V for Vendetta

So my wife and I saw V for Vendetta today. I loved it, my wife not so much. When we first walked out of the theater she said "not my type of movie" but she did say later in the evening that she was warming up to it. I thought not only was it terrific entertainment it was thought provoking as well. Very well done over all. I have to say that the one thing that did bug me though, believe it or not, is the fact that everyone had a JVC television?! It was blatant product placement. Often times real brands are used in movie to add "realism" to the film but come on... everyone in futuristic England has a JVC television?! Every time I saw a television on screen, which was quite often, it totally pulled me out of the story. :|
Anyway that was my only major beef with it. There are a few unanswered questions I have about the story but the good outweigh the bad for me so I'll call it a winner.
...remember remember the fifth of November! =)


Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

lightyear8 said...

For those that haven't seen the movie yet I would stop reading now....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The thing that was most unclear to me was the end with the train. Wouldn't a military that is that paranoid know to block off the subway system under the building and leading up to it. And it didn't make much sense to me when V said he had been rebuilding that subway for the last ten years or something. What does that mean exactly. Was he working to connect it to the new system and if so wouldn't that be pretty obvious to outsiders. I don't know it just didn't make much sense to me. I just accepted it because the movie was good up until that point. It's not enough to ruin the movie for me but it did leave me a little confused. :\

Anonymous said...

Yup, saw all the JVC televisions as well. My interpretation...

Englad is being ruled by the government totalitarian system which was probably only allowing consumers 'governmentally approved' televisions, so as to keep their thumb on the citizens.

JVC just happened to put the money up for it to be in the movie.