Monday, February 13, 2006

World Trade Center Poster & Set Report


Oliver Stone has begun production on a film about two Port Authority officers trapped under the rubble of the World Trade Center in New York City in the aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks. According to the Wikipedia entry on Oliver Stone "the plot will focus on the officers' rescue and their families, not the political implications of the attack." Stone is not known for avoiding political implications, but I'll remain optimistic that he does the story and the memories of those that passed justice. I'll have to admit I was skeptical when I first heard about this. To be honest I am still some what skeptical and feel that it may be too soon for Hollywood to take on the subject, but I'll reserve judgment until I've actually seen the film. To be fair many other artists in many other mediums have tackled the subject to pay tribute or to communicate what the events meant to themselves already, so from that perspective I'll try to keep an open mind about the film. Flight 93 is another move set to come out this year directed by The Bourne Supremacy director Paul Greengrass. Click on the link below to read a Set Report from an extra on the World Trade Center film.
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22465

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: