Thursday, October 27, 2005

The Wizard of Oz DVD


I picked up the new Wizard of Oz DVD that came out on Tuesday. I finished watching it last and had the chance to watch some of the special features. Its a nice set for those who don't have the film already. There was also a three disc set released on Tuesday as well but I didn't feel the need to pick it up. I didn't remember a lot of the film from my childhood. I only recall certain iconic images and situations from the film. I enjoyed watching it again after all these years. The word Charming comes to mind when I try to describe the film. It was a very enjoyable experience and it has a great story. The overall look of the film has a quaint quality compared to the digitaly polished films of today. This is definatly a classic film in every respect and I look forward to sharing it with my daughter in the years to come.

No comments: