Sunday, October 30, 2005

Dressing a Galaxy: FIDM Star Wars Exhibit


I had the good fortune to attend an exhibit being held at The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in LA this Saterday. It's called Dressing a Gaxaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars. This is the first time ever that these costumes have been displayed to the public. I had such a great time and my wife who is not as into Star Wars as I am said she enjoyed it as well. It's really neat to see all the craftsmanship and talent that went into making these wonderful costumes upclose. If you have time I would highly recomend seeing the exhibit. You can find out more about the show here:
http://starwars.fidm.edu/

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have to admit that although I was not really looking forward to going to this show, I truely enjoyed it. I was amazed at the detail of everything from the design to the individual fabrics used. I have a new respect for costume designers.