Sunday, November 21, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1

I saw "Part 1" of Harry Potter 7 this weekend with my wife. It was great to have a date night again and we couldn't have picked a better movie to enjoy together with friends. Andrea and I have been eagerly anticipating this film for a while and the film didn't let down. I'll reserve the in depth analysis to others but I will say I was pleased with the film! They've treated the story with the breathing room it needs. There was a beautifully animated segment of the film that perfectly lays out some important exposition for the audience without feeling contrived. It's great to see this wonderful film series coming to a close with such class. It was great to see Dobby back on screen. Him and Kreacher are two of my favorite characters in the books. Next July is quite a while to wait for the conclusion, but I think in the meantime I may go back through the books and the movies again!

No comments: