Monday, December 14, 2009

Skywalker Ranch

I had the good fortune of visiting a friend this past summer who is currently working on the Clone Wars for Lucasfilm Animation. Not only was it great to visit with a friend I had not seen in such a long time, he gave Syd and I a tour of Skywalker Ranch! This place is amazingly beautiful and serene. I completely understand why directors would want to wrap up their films there after months of hectic shooting. I was able to take some pictures, but other than the few I posted on Facebook I am keeping the rest to myself. Fortunately I ran across the video you see above online and you can get a sense of the allure of it for yourself. The music may over do it a bit on selling the beauty of this place, but the images don't lie. The guy who put together the video specializes in shooting video with DSLR cameras and was invited to the ranch for a few days to demonstrate and test equipment out with the Lucasfilm group. You can read more about his adventure here: The tale of Lucasfilm, Skywalker Ranch, Red Tails, Star Wars and Canon DSLRs on a 40 foot screen!

No comments: