Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

Being Thanksgiving today I thought I would share with you a few of the things I'm thankful for. First and foremost, I am extremely grateful for Andrea and Sydney. Andrea is the most beautiful and gracious soul I know. She constantly amazes and inspires me. Cliché though the it may be, I would not be the person I am today without her love and support. Sydney is an abundant ball of energy and joy. She is beautiful and it's an amazing thing to see your child grow and learn before your own eyes. She can be a challenge at times, but I'm finding that I learn as much about myself as I do about her in those moments. I feel so blessed to be able to share my life with them!

Another big thing that I am extremely grateful for is my job. It's fantastic feeling to be able to support your family and be doing something you love, especially in these troubling economic times. Those that know me well know that I love animation. That is not to say I love everything animated, but I love the medium and, to paraphrase Walt Disney, it's ability to bring to life whatever the mind of man can conceive. I feel so grateful to be working at DreamWorks. It's an amazing feeling to walk through that gate everyday and it's not something I take for granted. It's a fantastic company that is doing a lot of amazing and beautiful work. I realize that this job will not last forever and that I still have a long way to go in my career. I am trying to make the best of this opportunity and work hard to make it last as long as possible. For now though, I will continue onward down that path eager and anxious to find out where it leads...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love you! I feel so blessed and thankful too this year!