Tuesday, February 19, 2008

AM 207: Diving Reference



For my next assignment I chose to have Stewie do a dive. I have looked at quit a bit of reference and I've posted a few options above. Interestingly enough, I've found that the dives I saw from back in the day feel somewhat more appealing and, I think, a better challenge to take on then all the crazy flipping and turning that we see in modern Olympics. I know we lose parts of the divers in the older footage due to the framing but I think the overall idea of the action is readable. Please excuse the poor video quality as well. I ripped the video off of the Web and it is Flash based so there isn't much quality in the source. I would love to know what you think and if you have any suggestions and which version you like.

This week I am also polishing up my current assignment which is Stewie jumping over a gap. I'll try to get a version up soon for you to take a look at and comment on. I apologize for the lack of AM updates lately. Things have been a bit crazy in my personal life. Things are starting to calm down a bit so hopefully I will be back to sharing more often. Thanks for all the feedback and encouragement.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I like the second approach and the second dive. I think that this dive will be difficult to get the timing right but I think it would be worth the work. Just my 2 cents. ;)