Friday, April 20, 2007

Work Shenanigans...

Okay, lunch today... Sittin' at the counter in the kitchen enjoying a little time away from work with some co-workers. We finish and Aaron walks over to throw away his trash. On his way back to the counter he walks past some left over Thai food and mixed in with the left overs are these little "shot" sized containers of hot sauce. I'm sure you can see where this is going... I say "shot" because that's what he thought of as he passed them. He picks one up and puts it in front of me and says I bet you can't shoot this. This is where the snowball effect starts.... I say, "No Way!" He says, "come on man!" I say, "how much?" **never ask how much because its shows your considering - BIG mistake on my part!!** He says, "twenty bucks" "I said, "no way you wouldn't give me twenty bucks for that?!" "Yeah I would!" "No way put it down on the counter then" I said. **another big mistake on my part - once the money's out its hard to back out** Sure enough he pulls out his wallet with a huge grin on his face and slaps down a twenty. In addition to the twenty being on the counter now, Liz goes to the fridge and gets out the milk and pours me a glass. She says it will help "neutralize" the spice. I'm pretty committed at this point. And sadly enough I seriously thought about backing out at this point and then I thought to my self, "I don't want to waste that glass of milk." What?! How stupid is that?! I'm ashamed to admit it but the thought did cross my mind. I know I shouldn't. I know it's stupid. But now I have a crowd of people as well. It seems I'm past the point of return.... The picture above is of me right before the shot. I think it's pretty obvious by the look on my face that I know I'm doing something stupid, I know I shouldn't, and I know I'll regret it. But ahh yes the power peer pressure and money....
I psych myself out enough to actually do it... With my head tilted back and hot sauce hitting my tounge and rolling down my throat I'm thinking to my self.. STUPID stupid stupid STUPID STUPID STUUUUPID!!!



Honestly when it was over I felt, and please pardon the term, like a whore. I sold my dignity for twenty bucks. I feel ashamed. I guess I consider it a lesson learned. At least they got a good laugh out of it. And I'm twenty bucks richer. I'm just not looking forward to it "passing" though my system if you know what I mean...

No comments: