Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Last Mimzy Trailer


I was just poking around the internet before I go to bed tonight and came across this trailer on the Quicktime Trailers site. I had never heard of this film before but it looks pretty cool. A fun, possibly smart, sci-fi movie for the family. I'm tempted to say for kids but I don't want to put it in a box just yet. When most people say "movies for kids" that means is pretty dumbed down and doesn't have much appeal to adults. This one looks promising. Here is a short description of the film I found...
The Last Mimzy" tells the story of two siblings who, after discovering a box of toys sent from the future, begin developing some remarkable talents -- terrifying and wonderful. As their parents and teacher notice the kids' changed behavior, they all find themselves drawn into a unique world.
The site says March 2007. Looks like fun. It reminds me a little of a story my friend Frankie and I were toying around with in college. We shall see how it turns out soon enough...

No comments: