Monday, April 10, 2006

RIP: Maximus Decimus Meridius a.k.a. Max


Well my dog died today. :(
He was the gentlest dog I have ever known. In fact I came across this definition for a gentle giant and it perfectly describes Max:
someone who is very tall and strong, but has a very quiet, gentle character that does not match his appearance.
We rescued him from a shelter in LA and when we got him he was skin and bones. He had been severely mistreated. All he wanted was someone to love him. We fixed him up and he eventually became a strong healthy dog. People who didn't know him were sometimes intimidated by the sight of him but he was the biggest baby. He wouldn't hurt a fly. My mom often called him Baby Huey because he really didn't know his own size or strength, he really thought he was a puppy. He would come up to someone and sit at their feet and lean on them begging to be pet or seeking any kind of attention. Funny thing is he got to be about 85 pounds so sometimes he would lean so much it would knock some people off balance. He was a gentle soul through and through. I have never seen him get aggressive with a person. He was obedient and faithful. He was playful and full of life every time I saw him. When I moved away for college I would look forward going home and wrestling with him as much I would look forward to seeing my family. He was family really... and he will be dearly missed.

No comments: