Sunday, November 20, 2005

Madagascar DVD


I love this movie!! There I said it! I absolute love this movie. The design, the animation, the characters, and the story are all wonderful. The Penguins Christmas Caper short that comes with the DVD, and was shown in theaters with Wallace & Gromit, is just as great in my opinion. It reminds me a of an old Looney Tunes short. I hope both of these films are recognized for their efforts when Oscar nominations come around (Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Film). And if I were handing out nominations personally (yeah like that will ever happen!) I would even nominate it for best Production Design. This aspect of animation so often gets overlooked and I think that Madagascar presents a big leap forward in terms of what CG can do in terms design for Animated Features. Go out and check out the DVD and see for your self what I'm talking about. :0)

No comments: